Notre Dame Office of Life and Human Dignity
Forming the next generation of pro-life leaders
The Notre Dame Office of Life and Human Dignity connects Catholic teaching on the sanctity of life to education and research programs at Notre Dame. By fostering a respect for human dignity among students, faculty and staff, the office forms Catholic leaders equipped to promote pastoral practices supportive of major life issues in parishes, schools and all levels of Church life.
The office provides six primary resources for nurturing a culture of life:
- Rosary for Life 2020: Join the McGrath Institute for Church Life on Respect Life Month for a virtual rosary at the Basilica of the Sacred Heart, offered for a greater love and respect for each human person from conception to natural death. This virtual event is co-sponsored by the University of Notre Dame Alumni Association and Notre Dame Right to Life.
- NEW REPORT RELEASED: How Americans Understand Abortion: A Comprehensive Interview Study of Abortion Attitudes in the U.S.: This landmark study is a must-read for anyone committed to understanding not only what Americans believe about abortion, but how they think about it.
- Pro-Life Ethics in a Throwaway Culture: this 6-week online course introduces participants to the concept of a throw-away culture and provides a framework that allows connections to be made between various life issues and the consistent cultural commodification of others.
- Teaching Human Dignity Resource Series: a one of a kind collection of units, learning sequences, lesson plans, and resources that empowers teachers to incorporate life and human dignity issues into existing curriculum.
- Human Dignity Lecture: the annual lecture features a prominent speaker who contributes to the conversation on life issues
- Life Lunches: faculty members present on their area of expertise and how it connects to the pro-life mission of the University and the Catholic Church
- University Life Fellows: faculty members selected each academic year to develop pedagogical materials on life-related issues that can be used by others in the classroom
- Pregnant and Parenting Student Fund and Resources: assistance for undergraduate and graduate students encountering a planned or unanticipated pregnancy