To participate in the STEP Certificate of Theology program in the specific area of Scripture, you will need to do the following:
1. Complete the pre-requisite Foundations of Catholic Belief course.
2. Submit the application below.
3. After a staff member approves your application, register for the Certificate of Catholic Theology program.
4. Complete the following required courses:
Introduction to the Old Testament 1 or The Old Testament: The Pentateuch (before September 2019)
Introduction to the Old Testament 2 or The Old Testament: The Prophets (before September 2019)
- Introduction to the New Testament or The Synoptic Gospels
- The Letters of St. Paul
A Preface to the Study of Scripture or Biblical Literary Forms (before July 2020)
- Choose one of the following:
The Old Testament: The Writings
The Gospel of John: The Book of Signs
The Gospel of John: The Book of Glory
Apocalypse Then, Apocalypse Now: Reading the Book of Revelation
5. Complete your final assignment within 3 months of completing your final required course.
As you plan your future course participation, you may need to refer to the STEP Comprehensive Calendar of Courses. You will still need to register separately for each course session. Sessions typically open for registration about one year in advance.
Have a question about STEP? Need technical assistance?
Please call 866-425-7837, email firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out our Contact Us Form.
If you have already taken courses, please help us verify your status by providing the month and year when your session(s) started. Thank you for your interest in the certificate program.
Fill out my online form.