To participate in the STEP Certificate of Theology program in the specific area of Catechesis, you will need to do the following:
1. Complete the pre-requisite Foundations of Catholic Belief course. (N.B. Or prior to June 13, 2022, complete the Core Course: Introduction to the Catholic Faith or Catholic Faith and Traditions for School Teachers.)
2. Submit the application below.
3. After a staff member approves your application, register for the Certificate of Catholic Theology program.
4. Complete the following required courses:
- Christian Doctrine for Catechists I
- Christian Doctrine for Catechists II
- Christian Doctrine for Catechists III
The Art of Catechesis or Emerging Models of Catechesis: A Study of Faith Formation Models (before July 2020)
- Elective- select one from list below:
5. Complete your final assignment.
As you plan your future course participation, you may need to refer to the STEP Comprehensive Calendar of Courses. You will still need to register separately for each course session. Sessions typically open for registration about one year in advance.
Have a question about STEP? Need technical assistance?
Please call 866-425-7837, email email@example.com or fill out our Contact Us Form.
If you have already taken courses, please help us verify your status by providing the month and year when your session(s) started. Thank you for your interest in the certificate program.
Fill out my online form.