Due to ongoing health concerns amid the coronavirus pandemic, on-campus Vision conferences have been suspended for the summer of 2021. A new, two-week experience will be offered virtually from June 21-July 2, 2021: Vision Academy for Catholic Life and Leadership.
Vision Academy for Catholic Life and Leadership
For the summer of 2021, in place of the traditional in-person Vision summer conferences, the McGrath Institute for Church Life will offer a two-week virtual Vision Academy for Catholic Life and Leadership that will run June 21- July 2, 2021.
Vision Academy high school participants will form a community of prayer, study, and service accompanied by undergraduate Vision Mentors through a two-week experience. Participants will engage in dynamic digital content from their homes designed to help them develop practices of prayer and reflection to embrace God's call in their daily life.
Vision Academy for Catholic Life and Leadership consists of three dimensions:
- a thematic track of your choosing
- exploration of Catholic life through sessions on prayer, the saints, and more
- the development of a Pastoral Leadership Project
Participants will select one of five thematic tracks—literature, art, music, scripture, and testimony—and will join a cohort of other teenagers under the guidance of undergraduate mentors. Participants from across all tracks will join together for general sessions throughout the two-week experience.
Description of the five tracks:
- Literature: explore sacramental and scriptural themes by attending to literary texts
- Music: enrich capacity to reflect on and create sacred music
- Art: develop skills for attending to and creating sacred art
- Scripture: explore how to read and pray with scripture
- Testimony: learn how to articulate and share stories of grace
The Vision Academy for Catholic Life and Leadership forms young people’s theological vision and prayerful dispositions so that they may better respond with evangelical courage and confidence to the needs of the world today.